Purpose & Scope
The Pastor of Student Ministry assists the Lead Pastor in guiding Strathmore Alliance Church to the fulfillment of its purpose. This is done primarily but not exclusively through the development of biblically-based student ministry.
DEVELOP A BIBLICALLY-BASED MINISTRY FOR STUDENTS
- Create opportunities for themselves and the group in reaching out to the unchurched in the community.
- Shape lives through the ministries of the Word, prayer, fellowship, and worship. The key venues for this are during Christian Education, youth events, and individual discipling relationships.
- Send believers into service for the church, the community, and the world.
- Develop teams of lay leaders to assist with existing and new initiatives, helping them discover their spiritual gifts and resourcing them to serve in them.
- Facilitate a family-friendly ministry through resourcing, including, communicating with, and encouraging parents.
- Provide pastoral care for the student ministry leadership team.
DEVELOP A BIBLICALLY-BASED MINISTRY OF GENERAL PASTORAL DUTIES
- Promote, support, and contribute to the overall church ministry by assisting with other church-wide projects.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Senior Pastor which may include preaching, pastoral care, administrative details, administering the sacraments, and teaching.
- Participate in intentional pastoral mentoring as designed by the Lead Pastor.
- Serves under the authority of the elders and reports directly to the Lead Pastor.
- Serves alongside the ministry staff in day-to-day operations.
- Be sure to make known your gifts and talents that may prove helpful beyond Student Ministry.
- The successful candidate should plan to live and participate in the community of Strathmore, Alberta.
- Find out more about us by visiting: www.strathmorealliance.com
- Application deadline: September 30, 2020.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Upload your resume below...